People are constantly on their mobile devices nowadays– everything they do primarily revolves around the efficiency of their mobile devices. However, people tend not to account for whether their mobile devices are safe. This starts with understanding the concept of mobile device security.
What is mobile device security?
- You can think of mobile device security as a literal e-security guard for mobile devices.
- It creates “protection walls” to keep a user’s confidential information safe when stored or transmitted by mobile devices.
- Mobile devices can include but are not limited to laptops, smartphones, tablets, & portable devices.
Types of Mobile Device Security:
You can utilize various methods to maintain your mobile device’s security. They include but are not limited to:
- Email is the most popular way for hackers to spread malware
- The best method to safeguard email security would be to increase advanced threat protection capabilities:
- Detect, block, and rescind threats quicker
- Prevent data loss
- Secure, confidential information with end-to-end encryption
- It is an encrypted connection via the Internet – a portal to connect a device to the network.
- Encrypted Connection makes sure that confidential information is transferred safely
- Prevents people from being able to access a user’s e-traffic
- Is essentially a supervisor for networks
- Provides corporations with protection by supervising processes and file monitoring on every mobile device that accesses a network
- Allows for threats to be found early on since endpoint security is always scanning for malicious threats
- If threats are found, security teams are alerted immediately
Secure Web Gateway:
- These gateways provide cloud security
- It prevents unsafe internet traffic from finding a way into an organization’s internal network.
- Defends against phishing and malware
- PRO: if an attack at one location is identified, a secure web gateway allows attacks at other locations to be prevented immediately 
Primary Threats Associated with Mobile Security:
These may include but are not limited to:
- Data Leakage
- Unsecured Wifi
- Network Spoofing
- Phishing Attacks
- Broken Cryptography
- Improper Session Handling
Ultimately, implementing mobile device security into your lifestyle will protect your privacy and confidential information online.
Humanity Wealth Advisors believes in sharing good knowledge and education. We believe your financial wellness comes from knowing good information– after all, knowledge is power.
- The articles we provide are a free service used simply to educate and pass knowledge; a knowledgable investor is a great investor!
- Identity theft can lead to a deflection of financial planning; giving readers information on cybersecurity helps us meet our goal of educating the general public.
- Contact us if financial planning is crucial to you- we can help you with that.
- https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/small-business/resource-center/security/mobile-device security.html#~introduction