Cloud security is a subset of cybersecurity in which keeping data private and safe is prioritized. Think of cloud security as a security guard protecting e-data on a “cloud.”
What is Cloud Security?
– Cloud security is the protection of cloud data -digital data that’s stored in remote storage systems known as “the cloud”- from attacks through technology, policies, and services.
Types of Cloud Services for Organizations:
- Software-as-a-Service, SaaS:
- worry the least about securing the cloud
- secures the infrastructure running the application & the application itself.
- Platform-as-a-Service, PaaS:
- has to secure the same elements that are being secured in SaaS in addition to application deployment and management
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service, IaaS:
- here, organizations have the most control of the cloud environment they are using but this means they must be more secure with their clouds
- responsible for securing guest OSs and configuring security software/devices
What is cloud security composed of?
- Data Security
- Identity and Access Management, IAM
- Governance: policies on threat prevention, detection, and mitigation
- Data Retention (DR)
- Business Continuity (BC)
- Legal Compliance
What Facets Does Cloud Security Protect?
- Physical Networks (routers, electrical power, climate controls)
- Data Storage (hard drives)
- Data Servers (network computing hardware and software)
- Computer Virtualization Frameworks (virtual machine software)
- Operating Systems (OS)
- Runtime Environments
Cloud Security Risks
- Internal threats caused by human error (misconfiguration)
- External threats (malware, phishing, attackers)
- Risk of cloud-based infrastructure (service disruptions, incompatible legacy IT frameworks)
How Can a Cloud be Secured?
Securing a cloud can be done via encryption– transforming data into an unreadable format before it’s transferred over to the cloud and stored.
Types of Encryption for Cloud Data:
- Communications Encryption
- Sensitive Data Encryption
- End-to-End Encryption
Humanity Wealth Advisors believes in sharing good knowledge and education. We believe your financial wellness comes from knowing good information. After all, knowledge is power, and that’s what we’re all about.
The articles we provide are free resources used simply to educate and pass knowledge; a knowledgable investor is a great investor! We’re the financial advisors you want to come to for affordable financial planning in the Bay Area.
Did someone ask for financial advisors without a minimum asset requirement? That’s us!
Weak cloud security causes compromise of data which may lead to diversion of financial planning; giving readers information on public wifi helps us meet our goal to educate the general public.
Contact us if online financial advice is crucial to you- we can help you with that.